Latest posts by BrightRoll (see all)
- Award Sweep: BrightRoll Receives Three Prestigious Industry Recognitions - November 19, 2014
- Reach Your Customers With BrightRoll’s Mobile Audience Guarantee and Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings™ - November 18, 2014
- How Mobile Video Ads Amplify TV Advertising - November 13, 2014
BrightRoll asked and advertisers responded. Digital video is securely in the driver’s seat and not looking back according to survey responses from the fifth annual BrightRoll US Video Advertising Report.
Video saw the greatest increase in spending among all US digital ad formats from 2012 to 2013 and is expected to reach $4.14 billion by the end of the year, according to eMarketer. This is echoed in this year’s survey with 66 percent of respondents including video in more than half of their digital RFPs. In fact, 75 percent of brands and agencies find video to be equally or more effective than TV.
While digital video continues full speed ahead, programmatic has become a hot topic in the industry for media buying. The report reveals that more than one third of respondents expect half or more of their digital budgets to be programmatic in the next 12 months.
Other key findings from the report include:
- GRPs/TRPs are considered the form of audience measurement that clients value most in video advertising – a 46 percent increase from last year
- 36 percent of respondents think behavioral is the most valuable form of targeting
- Almost 40 percent of respondents say completed views are the most important success metric – a 42 percent increase from last year’s survey
The top findings from this year’s report are highlighted in the infographic below.